Our mission is to serve people living with HIV/AIDS, their loved ones, caregivers and communities at large, through compassionate and non-judgmental care, prevention, education and advocacy.
Aside from primary care, the Alliance provides a full continuum of care for individuals living with HIV/AIDS. Our clients have access to our complete offering of client services: free HIV/STD testing and counseling; emergency financial assistance for rent and utilities; transportation assistance (bus tickets and mileage reimbursement); nutritional services (counseling, a food pantry and liquid nutrients); housing information and referrals; and HIV and health information. Counseling services are also available to clients in Wake and Durham Counties (where we have office locations) and include mental health and substance abuse counseling; treatment adherence tools and counseling; and pastoral counseling and care teams.
Prevention education targeting men who have sex with men (MSM), women of child-bearing years, Latinos and African American communities is also accessible on- and off-site for clients. Referrals to other community organizations are often made from these offices for varied support services, including case management. Our client services offices in Durham and Wake Counties, along with our administrative office in Raleigh, are conveniently located near ports of public transportation for easy access. We have bilingual Spanish- and English-speaking client advocates and prevention educators in our two largest locations—Wake and Durham Counties, our HIV/STD testing coordinators are bilingual, and all of our material is offered bilingually.
324 South Harrington Street
|Last Updated on Monday, 23 April 2012 20:54|
CMF 31 2011 Beneficiaries
- Alliance of AIDS Services - Carolina $15,000
- AIDS Community Residence Association $6,500
- LGBT Center of Raleigh $5,000
- Equality NC Foundation $4,000
- Duke AIDS Legal Project $3,000
- El Centro Hispaño $2,500
Past Grant Recipients
- AIDS Community Residence Association (ACRA)
- Alliance of AIDS Services – Carolina
- Chatham Social Health Council
- County of Durham – Project StraighTalk
- Duke AIDS Research and Treatment Center (DART)
- Duke University – Duke AIDS Legal Assistance
- El Centro Hispaño/Project LIFE
- Gay, Lesbian, Straight Educators Network (GLSEN)
- Healing With CAARE, Inc.
- Hippocrate Foundation
- Lesbian Resource Center
- North Carolina Lambda Youth Network
- Source Force
- The Glory to Glory House of Refuge
- Triangle Community Works
- UNC Hospitals – The HOPE Fund