Our mission is to strengthen individual and community development through social and educational activities; to facilitate the incubation of supportive services and groups; and to identify needs and advocate for resources benefiting the diverse population of lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual people, their friends and supporters within and beyond central North Carolina.
The Center has a library with almost 2000 volumes focused on and celebrating LGBT life. The Library’s collection development priorities are aimed at supporting the resource and information needs of the Center’s vital outreach programs such as the Gay & Gray Initiative, Youth Coffeehouse, Affirming Faith Forum, and Transgender Initiative. The Library is also a welcoming place for family members and allies of LGBT people.
In addition, The Center holds and supports various events through out the year to support the LGBT community.
411 Hillsborough Street
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 15:00|
CMF 31 2011 Beneficiaries
- Alliance of AIDS Services - Carolina $15,000
- AIDS Community Residence Association $6,500
- LGBT Center of Raleigh $5,000
- Equality NC Foundation $4,000
- Duke AIDS Legal Project $3,000
- El Centro Hispaño $2,500
Past Grant Recipients
- AIDS Community Residence Association (ACRA)
- Alliance of AIDS Services – Carolina
- Chatham Social Health Council
- County of Durham – Project StraighTalk
- Duke AIDS Research and Treatment Center (DART)
- Duke University – Duke AIDS Legal Assistance
- El Centro Hispaño/Project LIFE
- Gay, Lesbian, Straight Educators Network (GLSEN)
- Healing With CAARE, Inc.
- Hippocrate Foundation
- Lesbian Resource Center
- North Carolina Lambda Youth Network
- Source Force
- The Glory to Glory House of Refuge
- Triangle Community Works
- UNC Hospitals – The HOPE Fund